Walgreens and Lexie Hearing Announce Availability of Over-the-Counter (OTC) Hearing Aids at Walgreens Stores Nationwide
Published: October 6, 2022
Updated: October 6, 2022
With the passage of the OTC Hearing Aid Act, millions of Americans benefit from more accessible and affordable hearing aid technology
DEKALB & DEERFIELD, Ill., October 06, 2022 – Walgreens and Lexie Hearing today announced Lexie Lumen hearing aids will be available OTC at Walgreens stores nationwide for adults ages 18 and older with mild-to-moderate hearing loss starting October 17. This announcement follows the passage of the OTC Hearing Aid Act by Congress, and subsequent rules issued by the U. S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), which allows consumers to purchase hearing aids directly at retail stores and online, without a prescription.
“Walgreens is committed to breaking down barriers to offer convenient access to affordable health and wellness solutions,” said Luke Rauch, senior vice president and chief merchandising officer, Walgreens. “Together with Lexie Hearing, we are making it easy for customers nationwide to purchase high-quality hearing aids directly from their neighborhood Walgreens, both online and in-store.”
Approximately 37.5 million American adults report some trouble hearing, yet only about 20% of those who could benefit from hearing aids have used them.
“We believe hearing health should be available to all people, not only those who can afford it,” said Nic Klopper, CEO and founder of Lexie Hearing. “That’s why we’re excited to work with Walgreens to make affordable, audiologist-quality hearing aids more accessible to communities across the country.”
Starting October 17, Lexie Lumen hearing aids can be purchased at Walgreens stores nationwide, including Puerto Rico, for $799. Consumers can also purchase them online through Walgreens Find Care for $39 per month for 24 months. Each purchase includes a pair of hearing aids, all the batteries and accessories that are needed to set up the hearing aids, and a 45-day money back guarantee. Walgreens customers can also save money on this purchase if they are enrolled in the myWalgreens loyalty program or use the myWalgreens Credit Card.
Once purchased, Lexie Hearing offers customers a complete hearing solution, including a professional-quality hearing check, hearing aids customized to their unique hearing profile, and access to hearing experts through video or voice calls. With smart technology and remote care, Lexie Lumen hearing aids deliver the quality and features expected from premium hearing aids, at a greatly reduced cost.
About myWalgreens and the myWalgreens Credit Card
myWalgreens is a free, one-of-a-kind personalized experience that makes saving, shopping and well-being easier. Customers can enjoy benefits such as saving money by unlocking sales prices, earning unlimited 1% Walgreens Cash rewards storewide on eligible purchases, even at the pharmacy1, earning unlimited 5% Walgreens Cash rewards on Walgreens branded products2, and earning bonus rewards by achieving health goals.3 To join myWalgreens, sign up at myWalgreens.com, in the Walgreens App, or in stores at checkout.
The myWalgreens Credit Card is designed to help customers stay well financially on their journey to staying well mentally and physically. Cardholders can start earning 10% Walgreens Cash rewards right away when they use their card for Walgreens branded products and 5% Walgreens Cash rewards on other brands and pharmacy purchases at Walgreens. Cardholders can also earn rewards on purchases outside Walgreens. When the myWalgreens Mastercard is used for groceries or health and wellness purchases, including co-pays at the healthcare provider, cardholders can earn 3% in Walgreens Cash rewards.
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the United States segment of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader serving millions of customers and patients every day, with a 170-year heritage of caring for communities. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and well-being of every community in America. Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 9 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
About Lexie Hearing
Lexie Hearing (www.lexiehearing.com), an innovative game-changer in the U.S. hearing aid market, is on a mission to make better hearing affordable and accessible to everyone. The team at Lexie is passionately committed to helping people enjoy healthy hearing without having to spend thousands of dollars, recognizing that too many people do not wear hearing aids because they are so expensive. That’s why Lexie Hearing is changing the industry. They’re bringing a great experience to customers with high-quality hearing aids, a customer care program that proves that people with hearing loss are at the heart of everything they do, and smart technology that gives customers control of their hearing experience.
Lexie was developed by hearX Group, an impact-driven company that has provided over 1.5 million hearing tests in 191 countries globally. hearX takes pride in providing an entirely new way to overcome traditional barriers to the detection, diagnosis, and treatment of disabling hearing loss.
Lexie Hearing Contact:
- Must be a myWalgreens™ member. Walgreens Cash rewards are not legal tender. No cash back. Walgreens Cash rewards good on future purchases. Purchase requirement must be met in a single transaction, before taxes and shipping, and after discounts, store credit and redemption dollars are applied. Rewards cannot be earned on photo orders not picked up in store, alcohol, dairy, tobacco, gift cards, sales tax and shipping, or items or services sold by third-party partners. Rewards promotions based on prescriptions or other pharmacy purchases limited to $65 Walgreens Cash rewards per calendar year, but cannot be earned on prescriptions or services purchased from AR, NJ or NY pharmacies or prescriptions transferred to a Participating Store located in AL, MS, OR, PR, TN, or VA, prescriptions received through mail-order services. Only prescriptions picked up in store are eligible to earn rewards. Walgreens Cash rewards applied after all discounts, percentages off and manufacturers’ coupons but before sales tax. Other exclusions apply. For complete details, see terms and conditions.
- Must be a myWalgreens™ member. Walgreens Cash rewards are not legal tender. No cash back. Walgreens Cash rewards good on future purchases. Only includes Walgreens branded products.
- Limitations and restrictions apply, including earning Walgreens Cash rewards. Information provided to Walgreens for myWalgreens health goals is subject to the terms and conditions of myWalgreens and is protected in accordance with the Online Privacy and Security Policy. Please allow up to 48 hours for Walgreens Cash rewards to appear in your myWalgreens account.
- Blackwell DL, Lucas JW, Clarke TC. Summary health statistics for U.S. adults: National Health Interview Survey, 2012 National Center for Health Statistics. Vital Health Stat 10(260). 2014. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/series/sr_10/sr10_260.pdf.
- Based on calculations by NIDCD Epidemiology and Statistics Program staff using data collected by (1) the National Health Interview Survey (NHIS) annually for number of persons who have ever used a hearing aid [numerator], and (2) periodic NHANES hearing exams for representative samples of the U.S. adult and older adult population [denominator]; these statistics are also used for tracking Healthy People 2010 and 2020 objectives. See also Use of Hearing Aids by Adults with Hearing Loss (chart).