THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO LEXIE B2 HEARING AIDS POWERED BY BOSE
Published: November 23, 2022
Updated: November 23, 2022
The Lexie B2 hearing aids Powered by Bose are the second-generation hearing aids from the partnership between Lexie Hearing and Bose. Here’s a handy guide to help you take full advantage of your Lexie B2 hearing aids. We’ll discuss some of the features that the Lexie B2 offer and provide helpful troubleshooting tips and tricks!
The Lexie B2 self-fitting OTC hearing aids Powered by Bose are rechargeable, receiver-in-canal hearing aids that can be personalized to your needs. They are FDA-regulated and pair with the Lexie app, the first self-tuning mobile app that’s clinically proven to provide audiologist-quality customization for individuals 18 or older with perceived mild-to-moderate hearing loss.
The Lexie B2 hearing aids build on the phenomenal platform of its predecessor – the Lexie B1 hearing aids Powered by Bose – and add rechargeability for enhanced convenience. You no longer need to worry about swapping out small batteries that can easily be lost. Simply plug your Lexie B2 hearing aids into the handy charging case that is provided in the box, connect your charging cable to the case, and experience a world of sound within 3 hours!
The Lexie B2 hearing aids boast exceptional sound quality and clarity thanks to Bose, a name synonymous with quality and superior sound. They a crisp audio experience, giving the wearer the ability to program environment settings for a more natural hearing experience, especially when in conversation,
The Lexie B2 hearing aids also offer a self-fitting solution that allows you to customize your hearing aid settings to suit your specific needs. By pairing your smartphone and hearing aids, you can customize the Lexie B2 hearing aids through the world-class Lexie app. The treble and bass of the hearing aids can be adjusted, and World Volume can be set to cater for a comfortable hearing experience.
Speaking of comfort, we also offer you convenience. It’s very easy to save settings to various profiles if you use the Environment Settings function in the Lexie B2s. If you frequently visit particular places, such as noisy environments, restaurants, or watching TV at home, save the settings so that you can easily access them later.
Tips and Tricks
Replacing your receiver-in-canal (RIC) wire
At some point, you will need to replace your receiver-in-canal (RIC) wire, whether you are cleaning your hearing aid or you need to add a new wire entirely. We thought we would put together a handy guide on how to properly remove and insert your RIC wire to get the most out of your Lexie B2 hearing aids Powered by Bose.
How to replace your RIC wire:
- Identify the two ends of the receiver wire
- Identify, and ready, your new receiver wire that corresponds with the same color as the receiver wire you are going to remove (red is for the right ear and blue is for the left ear). It is important that you use the correct wire for each hearing aid.
- The receiver wire is firmly attached to the hearing aid body and might not easily disconnect. Gently insert your fingernail into the narrow space between the hearing aid and the clear plastic end of the receiver wire. Now click or lift the wire out of place. Once disconnected, separate the two by pulling the wire away from the hearing aid body.
- Attach your new receiver wire to the hearing aid.
- Remove the dome from your previous receiver wire and attach it to the new receiver wire.
We have also included a handy tutorial video below so that you can follow along when replacing your RIC wire.
Keeping your Lexie B2 hearing aids dry
It is important to keep your Lexie B2 hearing aids Powered by Bose dry to prevent any unnecessary damage from moisture, and to keep your hearing in tip-top shape!
- Use the drying capsules provided with your Lexie B2 hearing aids in an airtight container. Place the drying crystals in the airtight container, alongside your Lexie B2 hearing aids, and leave them to dry overnight while you sleep.
- If your drying capsules are spent, you can replace them using the Lexie app – you can even use your Lexie Rewards points instead of cash!
- You can use similar types of drying crystals, such as those found in electronics packaging but you might need to replace them more often, and they may not be as effective.
- Do NOT use an electronic hearing aid dryer as these can damage the internal components within your Lexie B2 hearing aids.
How to charge your Lexie B2 hearing aids
Your Lexie B2 hearing aids Powered by Bose come equipped with a handy storage case included in the box, that doubles as the charging system for the hearing aids. You do not need to plug any wires or remove any parts of the Lexie B2 hearing aids to recharge them! Simply follow the steps below:
- Make sure that your hearing aids are dry before you charge them to avoid any damage.
- Insert the USB-C charging cable into a suitable adaptor that is plugged into the wall socket.
- Identify the other end of the USB-C cable.
- Insert this end into the USB-C connection on the rear of the Lexie B2 hearing aid case.
- Insert your Lexie B2 hearing aids into the case making sure to match the correct hearing aid to the correct port (red is for the right ear and blue is for the left ear).
- The back of the hearing aids should face toward you.
- You should feel your hearing aids snap magnetically into place.
- Your hearing aids will now begin charging which you can monitor through the charging status lights on each side of the case.
Why choose Lexie Hearing?
Lexie Hearing believes in affordable and accessible hearing healthcare solutions for everyone, and strives to bring high-quality and feature-rich hearing aids to those who need them most. Lexie Hearing also offers fully-remote ongoing support if you have any trouble with your hearing aids, or if you simply want to chat with a Lexie Expert™ about your hearing loss, we are all ears! Make sure to visit the Lexie B2 hearing aids Powered by Bose page for more detail.