The Ultimate Guide To Lexie B1 Hearing Aids Powered by Bose
Published: July 17, 2023
Updated: August 3, 2023
The Lexie B1 hearing aids Powered by Bose are the first hearing aids developed by Lexie Hearing in partnership with audio giant Bose. Here’s a handy guide to help you take full advantage of your Lexie B1 hearing aids. We’ll discuss some of the features that the Lexie B1 hearing aids offer and provide helpful troubleshooting tips and tricks!
The Lexie B1 self-fitting OTC hearing aids Powered by Bose are receiver-in-canal hearing aids that can be personalized to your needs. They are FDA-regulated and pair with the Lexie app, the first self-tuning mobile app that’s clinically proven to provide audiologist-quality customization for individuals 18 or older with perceived mild-to-moderate hearing loss.
They boast exceptional sound quality and clarity thanks to Bose, a name synonymous with quality and superior sound. They provide a crisp audio experience, giving the wearer the ability to program environment settings for a more natural hearing experience, especially when in conversation.
The Lexie B1 hearing aids also offer a self-fitting solution that allows you to customize your hearing aid settings to suit your specific needs. By pairing your smartphone and hearing aids, you can customize the Lexie B1 hearing aids through the world-class Lexie app. The treble and bass of the hearing aids can be adjusted, and World Volume can be set to cater for a comfortable hearing experience.
In addition to comfort, the hearing aids also offer you convenience. It’s easy to save settings to various profiles if you’re using the Environment Settings function. If you frequently visit places with particular environments, such as noisy environments, restaurants, or sitting in the living room watching TV at home, save the settings so that you can easily access them later.
Tips and Tricks
Replacing your receiver-in-canal (RIC) wire
At some point, you will need to replace your receiver-in-canal (RIC) wire, whether you are cleaning your hearing aid or you need to replace the wire entirely. Here’s a handy guide on how to properly remove and insert your RIC wire easily.
How to replace your RIC wire:
- Identify the two ends of the receiver wire.
- Identify, and ready, your new receiver wire that corresponds with the same color as the receiver wire you are going to remove (red is for the right ear and blue is for the left ear). It is important that you use the correct wire for each hearing aid.
- The receiver wire is firmly attached to the hearing aid body and might not easily disconnect. Gently insert your fingernail into the narrow space between the hearing aid and the clear plastic end of the receiver wire. Now click or lift the wire out of place. Once disconnected, separate the two by pulling the wire away from the hearing aid body.
- Attach your new receiver wire to the hearing aid.
- Remove the dome from your previous receiver wire and attach it to the new receiver wire.
We have also included a handy tutorial video below so that you can follow along when replacing your RIC wire.
Keeping your Lexie B1 hearing aids dry
It is important to keep your Lexie B1 hearing aids Powered by Bose dry to prevent any unnecessary damage from moisture, and to keep your hearing in tip-top shape!
- Use the drying capsules provided with your Lexie B1 hearing aids in an airtight container. Place the drying crystals in the airtight container, alongside your Lexie B1 hearing aids, and leave them to dry overnight while you sleep.
- If your drying capsules are spent, you can replace them using the Lexie app – you can even use your Lexie Rewards points instead of cash!
- You can use similar types of drying crystals, such as those found in electronics packaging but you might need to replace them more often, and they may not be as effective.
- You can also use the Lexie Electronic Hearing Aid Dryer that is available as an optional extra. Please make sure to remove the batteries from your Lexie B1 hearing aid and keep the battery doors open.
How to change the batteries in your Lexie B1 hearing aids
Your Lexie B1 hearing aids Powered by Bose use removable batteries as their source of power. The convenience of batteries means you do not need to worry about whether or not your hearing aids have sufficient power as you can simply remove the flat batteries and replace them with fresh batteries. You can do so by following the steps below:
- Gently pull the tab on the bottom of the hearing aid until the battery door fully opens.
- Push the battery out through the back of the battery door.
- Insert one of the provided size 312 batteries in the door with the sticker facing up and the rounded side facing down.
- Peel the sticker off the battery, securing it with your other hand. This activates the battery.
- Fully close the battery door. You should feel two clicks, and after a short delay, the hearing aid powers on.
- Repeat steps 1 – 5 for the other hearing aid.
Why choose Lexie Hearing?
Lexie Hearing believes in affordable and accessible hearing healthcare solutions for everyone, and strives to bring high-quality and feature-rich hearing aids to those who need them most. Lexie Hearing also offers fully-remote ongoing support if you have any trouble with your hearing aids, or if you simply want to chat with a Lexie Expert™ about your hearing loss, we are all ears! Make sure to visit the Lexie B1 hearing aids Powered by Bose page for more details.